What's growing on?

Monday, April 20, 2009

Here's what's started so far... I'm pretty sure I went a little seed (and a LOT tomato) crazy...

On 02/27/09, these seeds were started (indoors, under lights):
Purple Beauty Pepper
Quadrato d'Asti Rosso Pepper
Quadrato d'Asti Gallo Pepper
Val d'Orges Lettuce
Thai Yellow Egg Eggplant
May Queen Lettuce
Little Gem Lettuce
GA Southern Collards

On 03/16/09, these were started (indoors):
Chadwick Cherry Tomato
Thai Red Turtle Egg Tomato
Riesentraube Tomato
Cherokee Purple Tomato
Gold Medal Striped Tomato
Arkansas Traveler Pink Tomato
St. Pierre Tomato
Super Choice Tomato
Quadrato d'Asti Giallo pepper*

* Now, you're probably wondering why I started more of these seeds, it was because the ones started in February hadn't germinated. Come to find out, I moved them indoors (from the basement) and they all germinated just fine - just a bit later than originally planned!! So, for future years' reference, I'll know that the peppers and eggplant won't germinate in the cooler basement temps.

The week of 04/06/09, I direct seeded outdoors:
Sugar Daddy Snap Peas
Sugar Snap Peas
Oregon Sugar Pod II Peas
Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi
Florida Broad Leaf Mustard
Bloomsdale Long Standing Spinach
Cook's Custom Mix Radishes

I also ended up moving all the tomatoes into bigger peat pots (from their seedling dirt discs) for their stay indoors for the next month or so. I transplanted out the GA Southern Collards, and planted a (very) few red & white onion sets. As of this writing (04/20) only one of the Pea varieties (I don't remember which it is; I'll check later!) has germinated, but the Kohrabi, Radishes and Mustard are going strong. The spinach still hasn't germinated either - it seems to take FOREVER!


On 04/11/09, I direct seeded outdoors:
Various mixed and heirloom varietals of leaf lettuce
Vulcan Chard
Canary Yellow Chard
Fordhook Giant Chard
Ching Chang Bok Choy

And I started these inside:
Hill Country Heirloom Red Okra
Perkins Long Pod Okra
Table Queen Bush Squash
Early White Bush Scallop Squash
Certified Organic Yellow Crookneck Squash
Certified Organic Dark Green Zucchini
Bush Champion Cucumber
Sweet Market More Cucumber

On about 04/16/09 I transplanted out these (the ones started back in February):
Little Gem Lettuce
May Queen Lettuce
Val d'Orges Lettuce

Whew! More pics of the garden to follow.

0 comments:

 
My Humble Domicile - by Templates para novo blogger