Learning to Draw

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I am interested in starting a nature journal, so that I can draw and document some of the natural world around me as I hike, garden, or generally just appreciate my surroundings. I'm inspired by Marion Roach's The Naturalist's Datebook excerpts that I catch periodically on Martha Stewart Living Radio on my Sirius satellite radio.

Toward that end, I picked up a book called You Can Draw in 30 Days. I'm going to share with you my first day drawings (please don't laugh too hard). The top half of the page is the "pretest" where you draw, freehand, a house, a plane, and a bagel. The lower half of the page are my efforts on lesson 1. Yes, hence the book! I'll try to remember to document and share my progress as I go through the 30 lessons... We'll see.



On a completely separate note, I'm not sure if I've raved about John's breadmaking abilities here before or not, but he is truly mastering the art of making awesome whole wheat bread! Just so you can be a little jealous and see what I'm talking about, these beauties just came out of the oven about :15 ago (forgive the tangle of wires in the background, ugh!)...


Here's a better "beauty shot" from the top (but it's hard to get their size from this angle! Now, excuse me while I...nom nom nom nom......

0 comments:

 
My Humble Domicile - by Templates para novo blogger