TRADITION!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One of the things I have been mourning is a loss of family traditions.  With just John and I, it is hard to have much in the way of rituals that we share. He's an atheist, we have no kids, and as a byproduct of those (and other) factors, most "holi"days are not a big thing for us.

One tradition we do have is making breakfast together.  It's something we really enjoy, especially when we have the time to go all out and make a slightly larger spread.

Today, New Year's Day, John and I spent the first hour of our day chopping, cooking, and eating breakfast.  Ok, so John did all the cooking, but I did plenty of chopping (and eating!).  I'm lucky enough to be married to a guy that likes to cook, and who is really good at it!  :)

We sat down to a gourmet breakfast - omelettes with onion, green pepper, mushrooms and swiss cheese, accompanied by homestyle hash browns with onions and green peppers.  So.Good.

I love tradition!



0 comments:

 
My Humble Domicile - by Templates para novo blogger