Misc. & Garden updates

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Saturday was a perfect weekend day for me. We started out our morning at the farmer's market and then headed out to Floyd. I bought the awesome hand crafted coffee mug shown below, we looked around a bit and hit my favorite store on the way back toward Blacksburg. We stopped in Christiansburg and picked up some gorgeous flowers for the front porch and mailbox and headed for home. I spent the afternoon putting the flowers out, and John and I followed it up with a fantastic dinner on our front porch. Great shot of John & Gracie, pre-dinner, below.

































On Sunday we did some work in the garden. I planted out a bunch of the tomatoes I'd started many months before indoors, as well as some cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, white bush scallop squash, table queen bush squash, bell peppers, okra and eggplant. Now all I need is a bit warmer weather so that everything will start to grow faster!! The beans I put out direct seed a week or so ago are starting to come up, as you can see in the 2nd pic below.




























Come on, warm weather!

0 comments:

 
My Humble Domicile - by Templates para novo blogger